Friday 13 September 2013

My Listening

 

Listening

Piano Listening

  • Prelude & Fugue Op.87, No.5 by Shostakowitsch
  • Miroirs: Oiseaux Tristes by Ravel
  • Fandango Del Ventorillo by Rodrigo
  • Le Rappel Des Oiseaux by Rameau
  • Rumanian Folk Dances by Bartok
I listen to my piano playlist when I am feeling truly happy. It is predominantly calm and beautiful music and it reflects my mood, whilst also affecting me a bit to make me even more relaxed and/or focused.

Rock

  • Billy Talent:
    • Billy Talent-
      • Lies
      • River Below
    • Billy Talent II-
      • Red Flag
      • Pins and Needles
    • Billy Talent III-
      • Devil on my Shoulder
      • Rusted From the Rain
      • Saint Veronika
      • Tears into Wine
      • White Sparrows
      • The Dead Can't Testify
    • Dead Silence-
      • Runnin' Across the Tracks
      • Stand up and Run
      • Dead Silence
      • Cure for the Enemy
I listen to Billy Talent when I'm upset or feeling rebellious, because it uses a "shouty" timbre of singing and the lyrics are mostly about rebellion and revolution.
  • Green Day:
    • American Idiot-
      • American Idiot
      • Holiday
      • Boulevard of Broken Dreams
      • Give me Novacaine
      • Extraordinary Girl
      • Wake me up When September Ends
    • Dookie-
      • Welcome to Paradise
      • When I Come Around
    • Nimrod-
      • Uptight
      • Good Riddance
      • King for A Day
      • Jinx
      • Take Back
    • 21st Century Breakdown-
      • 21st Century Breakdown
      • Know Your Enemy
      • Peacemaker
      • Last Of The American Girls
      • American Eulogy
      • Murder City
      • 21 Guns
I listen to Green Day most of the time that I'm listening to music, because there is a huge variety between albums. However I am quite new to the idea of "Listening to Music" in this cultural way and I still don't listen to this genre very often.

"Showtunes"- from Musicals

  • Wicked:
      • Popular
      • Defying Gravity
  • Avenue Q
  • South Park Movie
  • Hairspray
  • Aladdin
  • Grease
  • Chicago
I love listening to musicals when I am really happy, but more hyperactively than when I listen to my piano music. They make me feel excited about life and give me a great sense of "Joie de Vivre", because the music in musicals is meant for people to enjoy, otherwise they wouldn't go to see them, it is very lively and happy.


Other

  • Jon Cozart:
    • After Ever After
    • Harry Potter in 99 seconds
  • Flight of the Conchords:
    • Flight of The Conchords (whole album)
    • Bret, You've got it going on
    • Sugalumps
  • Vampire Weekend:
    • Diplomat's Son
    • Oxford Comma
  • All American Rejects:
    • Dirty Little Secret
    • Move Along
    • Gives you hell
    • Back to Me
  • Regina Spektor
  • Stephen Jerzak
  • A Child's Introduction To Ballet (Main themes of ballet music)
  • Old Disney Channel Favourites:
    • I found a Way (Drake and Josh)
    • If that's not Love (Naked Brother's Band)
    • Makes me Happy (Drake and Josh)
  • Jon Lajoie 
  • Ella Fitzgerald
  • Nancy Sinatra



 

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see that you listen to a range of musical styles Noa! Keep adding notes, thoughts on the lessons etc but don't forget to complete the assignment (on Edmodo) - which should be more specific.

    ReplyDelete